- The OT Services Systems Engineer will help support and design Linux based systems, as well as Windows, and works together with the Deployment team to ensure all projects are focused / deliver upon the right objectives;
- Collaborates with Architect team on new innovations and deployment of new designs
- Maintains up to date knowledge on services from strategic systems suppliers
- Liaises with the Support team to ensure an appropriate level of systems support can be provided.
- Proactive communication on system health, impacts and incident resolution to internal stakeholders and Support teams, to help drive a continuous improvement environment
o Provide technical expertise, direction and assistance to the Deployment and support teams;
o Carries out testing and evaluation of existing of systems with a view to rectifying issues and creation of plans to improve efficiency of existing systems. Reports findings and make recommendations for improvements;
o Implementation of new processes and software and assessment of emergent technology in line with new designs from architect team;
o Reviews requirements (e.g. bandwidth) then implements the new infrastructure in the field together with stakeholders, based on global designs
o Implement standard systems as specified in design documentation, ensuring that all mandated standards are adhered to;
o Carries out maintenance and conduct status checks. Reports findings and make recommendations for improvements;
o Maintenance and continuous improvement of documentation and procedures related to the design and architecture of IT infrastructure and technology;
o Responsible for provision of appropriate training to other team members, Coach Field, ROC and tech-shop personnel on systems deployed as needed
- What you bring along
o Minimum 5 years of working in systems design and support;
o Expertise with Linux;
o Experience with Container system, e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc is a strong bonus;
o Experience of enterprise application and infrastructure environment;
o Experience in working in a global/regional environment;
o Extensive problem solving and interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member;
o You have good communication and language skills in English (written and spoken);
o You are able to work well in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Levy Associates Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.