Senior Java Engineer/ Principal Software Engineer | Long Term Contract, OutsideIR35 | Highly Reputable Organization, United Kingdom, Fully Remote, even after pandemic
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Engineer/ Principal Java Software Engineer
What you’ll do:
- You will be working in a highly collaborative environment interacting closely with other software engineers & product managers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- You will develop new systems but also relentlessly refactor existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
- You will own the health of the production systems: you develop it, you build it and you run it. The systems are deployed as Docker containers to Kubernetes clusters monitored by DataDog.
- You will mentor other engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Experience in designing software systems based on Java/Kafka, additional experience with at least one other programming language from a different paradigm (e.g. scripting or functional) is a bonus.
- Understanding of resilience patterns and what it takes to build scalable systems in microservice
- Experience implementing both asynchronous message-based communication and synchronous ones such as RESTful APIs
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra).
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes for build and deployment of various applications.
- Great communication skills and the ability to support technical decision making with the team.
- Willingness to learn new technologies or languages.
- Previious experience working in Payments/ Itegration team is an advantage
If you are skilled in any of the above and wish to take advantage of this amazing opportunity within a highly reputable organization, then please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Contact: Galina Braguta