Senior Engineering Manager | Permanent|Giant Ecommerce Company, United Kingdom or Germany Based, Fully-Remote
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Engineering Manager to join our client’s team who would work on solving complex problems and building highly scalable applications. Your impact will drive efforts to tackle some of the most challenging problems we face as we continue to create a best-in-class shopping experience for our customers.
What you will do
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Ensure your team has a compelling vision, mission, and metrics to measure progress and success
- Engage in high-impact architectural decisions and development, design, execution, and delivery following best coding practices
- Be accountable for the outcome of your team’s products including design, development, test, monitoring, and deployment
- Partner with your product peers and stakeholders to define meaningful goals, projects, and project stories
- Engage your team to construct the technical roadmap and drive planning and delivery and continuous improvement
- Hire and develop both inclusive and collaborative high-performing engineering teams
- Develop your team(s) members’ skills and careers
- Prioritize and optimize for sustainable time-to-value and high-quality engineering.
- Take calculated risks and manage trade-offs, articulating and taking accountability for the short and long-term consequences with partners
- Provide technical insight and judgment of feature/schedule/cost trade-offs
- Maintain and continuously improve agile delivery and engineering practices
- Lead collaborative design and architecture discussions ensuring different perspectives are considered and ensure trade-offs and risks are well understood.
What we look for in you
- You have an established track record in people and technical leadership
- Experience of being responsible for the build and operation of products or services of varied scale and complexity
- Software development experience covering system design, programming, algorithms, performance, architecture, testing, monitoring, deployment and 24/7 operations. Knowledge of and experience with Java, C#, PHP is an advantage.
- Practical experience in hiring and developing engineering teams, individuals, and culture
- A natural collaborator and communicator with the ability to influence partners and peers at different levels
- An accomplished mentor and coach with good performance management skills
- Experience in leading interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced agile environment
- Degree in Computer Science, a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
If you are skilled in any of the above and wish to take advantage of this amazing opportunity within a highly reputable organization, then please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Contact: Galina Braguta