Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
London, England, United Kingdom
What you’ll be working on
- Define and evangelise DevOps best practices to get faster feedback.
- Transforming technical requirements into effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery.
- Defining and ensuring deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable and highly available using modern DevOps toolchain.
- Work with teams to coordinate build activities across systems and understand how to undertake and support integration, testing and production activities.
- Defining, analysing, planing, forecasting, measuring, maintaining and improving all aspects of the availability and capacity of services
- You use a modern standards approach to automate and test the product delivery pipeline and guide others to use it well.
- Design, implement and operate the security and integrity of our systems through compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Troubleshooting infrastructure issues using industry leading tools like New Relic.
- You have deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery teams using Heroku and AWS.
- You are proactive in identifying, locating and fixing faults.
- You know how to manage service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
- You know about information security and can design solutions with security controls embedded to mitigate against security threats.
- You know how to collaborate with others to review specifications which are then used to design, code, test and document automation.
- You have experience with the Infrastructure as Code methodology and have used related tools such as Terraform or Pulumi.
- You have experience designing and maintaining CI/CD workflows using tools such as Github Actions, CircleCI or Jenkins.
- Your have experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker
- You have experience building and running containerised production workloads (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
Our current Tech stack
- React Native using Expo framework for our mobile application
- Nuxt.js – for our server side rendered marketing website
- Ruby, Rails – powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Jest, Cypress – for testing
- Storybook & private NPM modules – for managing our UI component library
- Heroku, AWS, Docker – for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis – for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI – for source control and continuous integration
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.