As VDI Engineer, you will bring the following:
- Passion for new technologies
- Excellent communication of complex topics to a diverse audience and positive customer service skills
- Ability to lead, build positive business relationships, and influence collaboratively across IT and the Retail Business
- Success operating in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility global support environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Commitment to collaborating across different silos to accomplish common goals
- Passion and competency for mentoring, growing and developing the skills of other analysts and team members
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to triage and solve problems and incidents – using vendor and third-party tools and technical support where required
- Solid understanding of industry-standard processes for ticket management and service delivery
- Accountability and end-to-end ownership of task or solution
- Ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
In addition to those general role responsibilities, you’ll need some specific experience and have some specific accountability, including:
- Have a proven track record of VDI technologies (VMware Horizon, Azure, etc)
this includes setting standards, deploying new environments, provide 3rd line support for L1/L2 teams, create knowledge base articles and documentation.
- Experience is expected (Azure, AWS, API Management, Automation)
- Intermediate to advanced understanding and experience with Enterprise Network Infrastructure and Topology (WAN, LAN, PCI, Cisco, Ethernet, Wireless, Telephony, etc)
- Enterprise security knowledge & awareness including PCI, Identity Management, etc.
- Advanced level of server, desktop and remote support knowledge would be a plus. This experience should include the following: Windows Server (2012, 2016, 2019), HyperV, Powershell, Cloud.
- Project management and organizational skills must be sophisticated enough to be able to track and drive complex global technical initiatives to completion with the assistance of global teams/third party vendor staff.
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or “on-call” support when necessary to solve high profile issues or complete critical path projects
- Candidate would benefit from application engineering and deployment/build experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an engineering support role
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and ability
- 5+ years’ experience in IT
- Experience in a retail environment is a plus